Home Texas Forever My Shop Mrs Thomas' Class Marriage Motherhood Fur Baby Cassie's Insights Image Map

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Trade and Grade




Good morning everyone!! I am so excited to share with you that I have the privilege of being able to "grade" Creativity to the Core's Penguin Close Read Passages
This was FANTASTIC. 
I live in Texas, so we don't actually have a requirement to do close reads, so I honestly haven't been looking into them until Meredith started creating her packs. She's a good friend and I was able to go to her with all of the questions of why, how, what, explain this idea of close reads to me. Needless to say, I am in love with the explicit rigor that is required in using close reads. I'm so hooked I can't wait to get their Monday and get ALL my kiddos on close reads. Wish I had started in August, but now I know.

We dove into the first day and my girls were loving it. They took away from the table quite a bit of knowledge about penguins that they never had before, obviously being from Texas ;) A couple of the girls were so excited they were ready to read books about penguins! HELLLLOOO music to my ears!!! 

Here are some action shots! If you haven't seen any of her close reads GO NOW. They are amazing, she put in so much work and effort into them and I am impressed - for SURE! 






KID APPROVED in my classroom! They loved it! :) 

If you would like to see her multiple close read packets - head to her blog 





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment