Home Texas Forever My Shop Mrs Thomas' Class Marriage Motherhood Fur Baby Cassie's Insights Image Map

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines Day and (the last two weeks)

Good Evening! 
Today is the day BEFORE Valentines Day. Super nervous about how I am going to survive tomorrow, but I have the day packed back to back in hopes the kids don't even remember we have a party ;). haha. Wishful thinking, I know! 
So, I literally waited until TONIGHT to get the kiddos anything for Valentine's Day, and I really refuse to purchase anything with sugar in it for them for parties. I found packages of bubbles for the kids and made up these cute little cards to go with the bubbles 
 Valentine Cards
You are free to download if you would like! 
They are also free on my store under Cassie Thomas at teacherspayteachers!

I have been such a poor blogger lately. It is really hard for me to get in the groove of blogging. I haven't even really been making much units or activities for my kiddos, if I do it's just what I need and I haven't been putting it on TpT. It's hard for me to balance EVERYTHING sometimes. 
I was out 2 days last week SUPER sick, and then before those 2 days last week I was out for the Texas Kindergarten Conference!
Which was absolutely AMAZING. As a first year teacher, I have to accept that there are so many things I don't know and will learn along the way. I need to take a step back sometimes and breathe. I try to do so much at one time and I get way ahead of myself. I absolutely am so thankful that I was able to attend the conference. I know next year things I will do differently reading and writing wise. As well as integrating science and social studies, and even math through ELA. Thanks to Deanna Jump. Which was truly an honor to get to meet her. I felt like such a stalker or crazy person with how nervous I was to talk to her. This blogging world is real to me and all of you all celebrities in my eyes. What you all do is amazing, and I would not know what to do in some situations without others blogging! So thank you ALL. 
I was also super excited to witness Crystal Radke from Kreative in Kinder do her thing! She is amazing! Especially teaching in Texas I could have listened to her ideas ALL DAY LONG. 

So with that being said, missing all those days has killed me this week. I don't recommend that to anyone. I know it happens though, thank goodness next week is review week and I can cover things I have missed. We talked briefly about the moon and constellations this week! My kiddos had a blast! (no pun intended) But they all do want to be astronauts now! 
This was our quick graph and discussion over the moon and how it feels. Then I purchased real astronaut neopoliaton ice cream from Amazon and we used our 5 senses to figure out if we liked it or not. I had only 1 out of 19 who didn't like it. As for myself, not the best type of food. :) But the kiddos had a blast and felt like real astronauts. So, I was excited. 
Then we made our own constellations, 

My boys LOVED this quick mini unit. I have never seen some of my kids so intrigued with constellation forms and what the meaning behind them was. I was super excited about this. 
Next week I will try and get another big blog post up! I am poor at this! Thanks for reading!!!

Have a blessed night :) 
Mrs. Thomas 



No comments:

Post a Comment